AR-88 receiver that appears to be the one stolen from me --

Kevin McDonald ktmaustin at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri Sep 5 14:48:04 EDT 2008

I sent a message to the seller asking about the radio and this was the
response:

Dear ktmcdonald,
I bought it legally at auction on a pallet with other items as a lost
freight item which is how I get most of the things I sell. It was lost
somewhere is a shipping companies system, probably UPS or fedex. The person
it originally belonged to would have been paid for it through shipping
insurance as long as they had it insured as they should have. They are
making a stink over nothing and telling lies. If they want it back all they
have to do is buy it. It no longer belongs to them. I am not going to just
hand something over I paid for and obtained honestly. They need to take
their problem up with the shipping company. It is not my problem. I deal
with this sort of thing all the time. People are paid for their lost freight
through insurance and expect to get it back for free.

I'm looking to unload some radios so the moral of the story for me is insure
things adequately and accept that they may or may not make it to their
destination.
73's
Kevin
N5OJF