[Boatanchors] Upgrade question

Bob Peters rwpeters at SWBELL.NET
Fri Sep 12 14:36:23 EDT 2008

Gee Carl sounds familiar... I took the train the good old Maine Central from
Bangor to Boson in 1959 to take my commercial exam... Passed the 3rd and 2nd
at the Customs House... I had a Conditional Amateur ticket and I wanted to
get the real thing well guess what I flunked it by 1 question!!! The old
examiner looked at me and said " Son I cannot do that to you, Your just
tired, Since you passed the 2nd consider you are a General." About 6 weeks
later I got all three in the mail. Not allowed to drink adult stuff was just
17 ...By the way got the Extra and First in the early 70's..

Bob W1PE

-----Original Message-----
From: boatanchors-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:boatanchors-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Carl
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 11:48 AM
To: kt4ae at bellsouth.net; Boatanchors list
Subject: Re: [Boatanchors] Upgrade question

When I took my Extra a bunch of us from National Radio went all of 10
miles to the FCC Boston office on a bright warm day the day after
Incentive Licensing was effective (1968 ?).

Everybody passed what they wanted and we then proceeded to a nice
restaurant with outdoor tables and commenced  to eat and load up on
adult beverages.

Driving home was harder than the exam..........

Carl
KM1H