Hallicrafters HT-33A

Scott Johnson scottjohnson1 at COX.NET
Thu Sep 18 21:28:02 EDT 2008

The only tube I can imagine coming close would be a 4CX-1000A/1500B.  The
5CX-1500 would be overkill and very expensive.  The filament voltage is the
same, assuming the xfmr will give up 5 more amps, and it would probably need
higher velocity airflow, since the convector imparts more pressure drop and
is smaller.  I have both tubes and sockets, if you need them.
73,
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Glen Zook
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:30 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] Hallicrafters HT-33A

I just obtained a Hallicrafters HT-33A linear with a bad final (PL-172).  I
believe that there have been some articles on changing out the tube with a
more readily available tube.  However, I have been looking on the Internet
and just cannot find any.  In this case google is not my friend!

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might locate this information?

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com