Elmac mobile pair - update

Jon M. Schumacher jmsch at USINTOUCH.COM
Thu Apr 2 15:54:05 EDT 2009

Hi Bob,

That 22 1/2 V dry battery was standard for the AF-67 modulator bias.   Some guys now use regular 9 V batteries in series or rectify bias off the filament line (if running on AC).   I think this was discussed on the list not too long ago.

I made lots of contacts with an AF-67 on CW and AM.  The PMR-7 was a pretty good double-conversion receiver for its day and still should be quite usable on the bands.  I hope it all finds a good home.

                                                                                   Jon, K1NV