Contact cleaners

Greg Gore; WA1KBQ GARDGORE at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 2 07:49:26 EDT 2009

I'll have to agree with that. Years ago before I knew better after
spraying the bandswitch on an SX-88 I had birdies all over the place on the 10
meter band because of RF leakage across the wafers. Needless to say a careful
clean-up job followed that miss-step which returned the receiver to proper
operation on 10M again.

Another case years ago also with an HQ-110 it resulted in the bandswitch
getting too stiff to turn as the wafers absorbed contact  cleaner.

73, Greg; WA1KBQ

In a message dated 8/1/2009 9:35:45 P.M. Atlantic Standard Time, W4AWM