Voltage Regulator Tubes

Bob Krassa bob at KRASSA.COM
Tue Aug 4 16:11:11 EDT 2009

The Hallicrafters SX-73 that I am working on has an OC3 or VR105 voltage
regulator tube.  But it regulates at about 128 volts instead of 105.  I have
heard about this before.  My question is - did some of these tubes regulate
at the wrong level when new, or is this caused by aging?  And is there
anything that can be done about it, like running them briefly at a high
input voltage?

73s Bob Krassa AC0JL