ON Topic: Tannery leather conditioner/cleaner

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 23 08:34:29 EST 2009

Why is it on topic?  This particular product comes highly recommended
for cleaning wrinkle finishes (specifically black but also A.R.C.
grey) that at some point or another may need to be repainted.  Others
don't.  At the same time, killing two stones with one bird, leather
headbands for headsets and assorted other bits can be cleaned with it
so one winds up with a two-for-one deal.

Now, I have a small but not insurmountable problem.  I can't find it
here.  Even Ace is the Place, who advertises it, doesn't carry it here
and the clerks I talked to gave me this "You just sprouted a second
head, you know." look.  Since I was reasonably certain I still only
had the one, that left the obvious conclusion they not only didn't
have it but never heard of it and wouldn't recognize it if it walked
in quoting Hamlet or some other lesser play that Johnson probably
wrote anyhow.

So, failing that, if someone out there happens to have some, if you
could send me an ingredient list (which should be on the can
somewhere) or at least the first few which would be the active
ingredients, I would greatly appreciate it.  That will get me a good
start on making my own blend which won't be in a spray can (which is
the only way it comes now) but I can put into an empty Windex (TM)
spray thingie.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Michael, WH7HG