Teletype

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 12 13:30:30 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM, J. Dave Mayfield <laptop at gwltd.com> wrote:
> Last winter I wanted to get rid of my model 28, I paid $25.00 for it about
> three years ago. Some guy paid me $300.00 for it, I was happy but thought he
> was a fool

Hmmm....sounds remarkably similar to what some folks say about us nuts
who haul off old tube radio gear. (o:

I have 2 Model 28s, the stand alone printer-only model, and the big
boy with keyboard and ribbon punch/reader unit. Got both free and have
no intention of getting rid of either. Once I get the radio room set
up, the big one will get set up there, while the printer will be
lashed to a receiver and terminal unit in the house since the XYL
likes it (she's a Cold War buff). There's nothing like the
clack-clack-clack-clack of these mechanical beasts filling the room
with the sounds and smells of yesteryear.

Hopefully there will still be plenty of stuff to copy.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4