Modulation impact when amplifying a DSB signal?

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Mon Feb 16 00:28:31 EST 2009

OUCH!  3-4KW peaks.

In addition to the 6AR11 I am also looking for some 407A/5847A's to try
with this project.

The goals are simple, small, low voltage, and all-tube.

The target is a 40M DSB QRP exciter and - using a DSB modulated RF stage
using a single dual-pentode tube at 125v plate voltage.

The post-DSB stages will require some care to be linear but are less
complex
than a tube-type SSB modulation design - and if I let a little carrier
slip in
an AM receiver at the other end will detect the reduced-carrier DSB OK.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html