NEED MIL INFO

Meir WF2U wf2u at WS19OPS.COM
Sun Feb 22 10:01:47 EST 2009

Dee,

I'm an owner of a complete GRC-14 setup. You'll want to get the NAVSHIPS
MRC-55 manual, Robert Downs WA5CAB (WA5CAB at cs.com)  usually has the manual
copy.
The T-631/GRC-14 is a 100 W output transmitter, on all modes - AM, CW and
RTTY, same rated as the T-195/GRC-19.
Check the power supply to transmitter cable, it's very stiff and you need to
raise the transmitter high enough off the power supply so that the cable
won't bend by the connectors, because that may pull/break wires off the pins
in the plugs. I had problems with that and I still may have an intermittent
pin or more. I'll probably just open up the plugs and inspect/resolder every
pin. The original installation in jeeps had the power supply on the bottom,
a mounting tray for the transmitter and 2 receivers above the power supply,
over the rear wheel wells of the jeep. The transmitter is around 5-6 inches
above the power supply.

The built-in AC supply option is just a brute force unregulated
transformer/rectifier/filter caps supply for 24 V, which powers up the 24 V
transmitter dynamotor.

What else would you like to know?

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Dee Almquist
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:47 AM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: NEED MIL INFO

Fellow Anchorites

Am needing info / docs, any tech material, pics, operating info, or advice /
experience having put one these on the air. Where to find parts & pieces,
cables or connectors. What I have found is several pages of discriptions.
Thats it. Is this tx 100 watts or 400 watts op? Two different sources dont
agree on power op.

I just swapped into a T-631/GRC-14 station including rx. Wow, what a
monster!! I have only the tx, power supply, rx & speaker. I pulled the tx
out of cab to see condition. Its about a 9. Cabs can use a bath but
everything is in tact, nothing broken so it might float, hi.
Thanks
Dee
(540)480-7179