FS: 1KW HF Amp

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Sun Feb 22 18:33:33 EST 2009

I am told that his is a classic/vintage amp design and that if possible I
should offer it for sale in case someone wants to maintain it as-is.

So, here it is before I modify it for SSB ...

1KW (input) HF 4-250A Amp for AM-CW use . The design is from the
1955 ARRL Handbook - Page 188.

Single 4-250A tube with internal filament transformer and outboard
screen & grid supplies. Needs 1500-2750v HV (not included).  I am told
that a 4-400A or 3-500Z tube could easily be substituted for better
performance.
The amp and tube look clean but they are both untested.

Excellent quality construction. I have posted 8 pictures of the amp and
outboard power supplies on my Web site: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html

Asking $200. plus the actual cost to ship to you - or picked up here in
the Tampa Bay area.

I may consider a partial swap plus cash.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html