First HT

Bob Jackson bob at NOFROWNS.NET
Mon Feb 23 13:31:01 EST 2009

All -

I'm in the market for my first 2M HT. So many options it's making my head swim. I need something a bit more than a "basic" model, but sure what combo of other features give the most bank for the buck. 5W seems a useful power and long battery life wold be another asset. It would seem that a 144/220 rig would provide some extra flexibility along with a weather alert capability. I don't know what "DSTAR" is so some explanation would be helpful.

Also, any suggestions/opinions about brands would be helpful. Yaesu and Icom seem to dominate the market these days with so many models to choose from.

73 to all,

Bob/AG5X