Microphones?

Alan W. Fremmer AWFremmer at AOL.COM
Sat Jan 10 17:17:40 EST 2009

Fellow Collectors/Restorers:

My question concerns the use of amplified versus non-amplified microphones
with our old am/cw transmitters.  I have several D-104's, one of which is  the
amplified type.  I tried both kinds with a homebrew transmitter, not on  the
air, but listening in a nearby receiver.  It seemed to me that the
non-amplified mic sounded more natural.  Am I imagining things or is  this actually the
case?  Is there a situation where the amplified mic is to  be preferred?  Await
your learned answers and thanks much in advance.

73, Alan - KB2HEI
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)