Microphones?

Lin Robertson digital-conjurers at ROADRUNNER.COM
Sat Jan 10 21:13:09 EST 2009

Nope, you're not imagining things... I use an old 1976 "silver Eagle" D104
with the mike preamp out of the circuit into my TX-1 which I run in AM mode
only...this after a number of other AM stations commented on how much
better it would sound; so I bypassed the amp, and the diff was very
noticeable for the better.

And with a "scratchy Apache", you need it!  :)

-Lin/KJ6EF