Globe Scout Deluxe

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 23 19:32:40 EST 2009

Mouser has quite a number of low value resistors that would work very well as replacements for meter shunts including 0.3 ohms.  These are 1% resistors and come in 1, 3, and 5 watt versions.  The 1 watt resistors between 0.1 ohm and 0.75 ohm are 94 cents each and the 1 watt resistors between 1 ohm and 1K ohm are 83 cents.

They also have very low resistance resistors from 0.005 ohms to 0.3 ohms range from $1.08 for the highest resistance down to $1.37 for the lowest.  These are primarily in 3 watt resistors and are also 1%.

They are on page 641 of their latest catalog (November 2008 through January 2009).  You can find Mouser at

http://www.mouser.com

but is it best to use their 800 number and order by telephone since using their Internet ordering platform can take as long as 48 hours to get processed whereas when you talk to a "human" the order goes down to the shipping department immediately.  Their toll free number is

(800) 346-6873

Mouser has no minimum order in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.  I don't have anything to do with them except to order parts usually a couple of times a month.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com