FW: Globe Scout Deluxe

Mike Langner mlangner at SWCP.COM
Fri Jan 23 16:42:03 EST 2009

If some previous owner replaced the high-resistance wire with hookup wire,
that would kill the plate current reading while still permitting the
transmitter to work -- I've seen it done before by folks who didn't know
about "resistance wire!"

Mike/
K5MGR
____________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Robert Groh
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 2:24 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: Globe Scout Deluxe

Gary Barrell just send me a series of emails and I totally buy his
explanation - the wire most probably is nichrome or some other high
resistance wire.  There is only about 1-1/2 turn of the 'special' wire on
the 22 ohm resistor (which is obviously being used as a 'coil form' for the
current shunt).  So thumbs up to Gary.

Bob, WA2CY