Request with help/specs for a Globe Chief 90 coil --

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jul 5 13:41:51 EDT 2009

In my Globe Chief 90A the coil has only 2 plastic supports.  You have to remember that Leo Meyerson used whatever was available and did not waste anything.

I have a Globe Champion 350A that is in the old style cabinet (no "overhang" of the front panel) and did not say "350A" on the panel.  However, the circuitry is considerably different from the Globe Champion 350.  I contacted Leo about this and he stated that what I have is definitely a 350A.  He had both front panels and cabinets left over from the 350 version and he sure wasn't going to "scrap" them!

Leo is a good friend of one of my good friends and my friend gave me Leo's E-Mail address.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Sat, 7/4/09, Jim and Karen <jimw6llp at CENTURYTEL.NET> wrote:

From: Jim and Karen <jimw6llp at CENTURYTEL.NET>

Hello Mike.  My Globe Chief 90 has that coil missing, nothing connected to Ant 2.  I have the manual for the Globe Scout Model 65 that has the same circuit and uses a L-4.  It is listed as 20 turns of B&W #3016. The Globe Scout uses a 6146 and the Globe Chief uses a pair of 807's so that may make some difference in the coil.  The pictorial of the Globe Chief shows L-4 as fairly large coil.  I don't have the diameter of the #3016 coil stock at hand right now.  Hope this helps some.