Free to a good home Hallicrafters meter --

Mike Langner mlangner at SWCP.COM
Sun Jul 5 18:03:26 EDT 2009

Hello everyone !

I have a round Hallicrafters signal strength meter with its mechanical zero
about 80% up the scale, where it also has a red set of marks indicating "FM
Tune To Zero."

The meter face is white with black lettering.

The meter was made by O. B. McClintock Co -- although mechanically it sure
looks like a Weston 301 style.

On the back it says "CALIBRATED FOR USE ON STEEL PANEL in slightly blurry
white paint/ink that appears to be from a factory rubber stamp.

If anyone would like this meter, it's "free to a good home" just for the
cost of mailing its 9.8 ounces plus a few ounces for packing materials.

Oh yes, fits into a 2 3/4 inch hole.

Rim to rim of the mounting flange it's the standard 3 1/2 inches.

The meter pivots freely if I rotate the meter on the armature axis.  If I
"short" the terminals and rotate it again, the meter movement barely moves
(dynamic brake) so the movement appears to be good.  The glass is unbroken,
but is a bit loose.

First person to let me know you want it gets it -- again, just for the cost
of postage, which I expect will be about $5 for priority mail.

Thanks for your interest -- I'm continuing to slowly clean out all the
bargains at swap meets I just couldn't pass up, and now sit here surrounded
by clutter wondering what I'm going to do with all this stuff!

73!

Mike/
K5MGR