Resistor Needed for MA... Updated

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Sat Jul 11 13:43:04 EDT 2009

I sent the message below out a couple of weeks ago. I now have a photo and
a dimensioned drawing of the needed part, and will sent it to the people
who responded to my original post. I can't post the drawing and pic to the
list because attachments are stripped.

If you think you can help, please email me off-list.

Thanks,
-John

======

Hi,

I'm looking for a power resistor to repair a RADAR display on the
Massachusetts:

Resistor, composition spiral type with ferrules:
3 Meg +/- 5%  20 Watts
Navy type designation 631164-5
Contractor part and DWG number 80-5139
Manufacturer: International Resistance Corp.  402 N. Broad Street,
Philadelphia PA.

The thing looks like a large fuse. I can send a pic off list if wanted.

Any leads appreciated.