FS: Small variac for receiver testing

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sat Mar 14 13:58:25 EDT 2009

Would like to offer this to the group before I go to EBAY with it.

Pictures are on Picassa at:
< http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.groh/Ham_Parts?feat=directlink >

Basically this is a 1.75A variac (120VAC input, 0 to 132VAC output)
tucked inside a small homebrew wood and aluminum case with an on/off
switch and pilot light on the front panel. I just updated it by adding
3 wire ac in and out. Front panel voltage knob has been marked with
voltage output. Works very nicely. Would be excellent for servicing
receivers and the like. Would be ok for transmitters if you don't
transmit! Usually most transmitters are going to pull more than 1.75A.

If you are interested, please contact me off list at <Rgroh at swbell.net>. Asking price is $25 plus $10 for shipping.  PayPal preferred but a check, money order or cash is ok.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY