ARC T-20 VHF Model?

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Thu May 21 19:24:09 EDT 2009

Wow, neat!  Learn new things every day!

So if crystals are changed to 2M and a bfo is added the R-19
can receive 2M AM,
CW, FM (slope detection), and SSB.

Then in the T-20 PM modulation could be added and the AM
altered to DSB,
then it becomes an AM (DSB reduced carrier), CW, FM, SSB
(DSB suppressed
carrier) 2M QRP TX.

Or maybe just put them on 2M Packet!  ;-)

Really need the schematics for these rigs to see how
practical this all may be.

Also need to discover if the control heads are available or
unobtanium.

As a teen I used to pour over the Fair Radio and Nebraska
Surplus catalogs
and dream of owning this type of radio.  Sure would be fun
to finally do it.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html