OT: Aluminum house wiring

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Thu May 21 22:36:16 EDT 2009

Just an addition to my other response.  I did find a good reference on the web which, in a short and concise fashion, address the problem of aluminum wiring.

<http://www.faqs.org/faqs/electrical-wiring/part2/section-16.html>

They make the point that the use of 'push in' terminals are an absolute no-no and should be replaced.  They also indicate that the replacement outlets should be rated for both aluminum and copper wiring.

I may be a bit obsessive here but safe house wiring is, obviously, very critical.

And it certainly doesn't help the RFI problem!

73
Bob, WA2CKY