Capacitor Bridge Reccomendation

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Tue Nov 10 00:31:09 EST 2009

I'm looking for a good Capacitance Bridge and Leakage Checker for the
Battleship Massachusetts. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a
60s+ vintage Eico, Heath, or similar unit.

The basic requirements are:

Cap Range:  <100 pF to >100 uF.
Leakage to:  >450 VDC, 600 VDC or higher a real plus.
Manual:  Included or readily available.

It's main use will be to check oil filled caps in WW II radio and RADAR gear.

I'm think something like the Eico 955 or 965. Price is an important
consideration.