[Milsurplus] 12-24 vdc converters and toroid cores - Summary thus far?

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 6 14:46:33 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Al Klase <al at ar88.net> wrote:
> I've also contemplated building an inverter, but as the original poster
> pointed out, the magnetics (the transformer core) are a major question
> mark.  If there's a good $100 solution, it's not worth the engineering
> exercise.

Actually, it is supposed to be a design exercise with a practical
application.  I am the original poster and I guess that part wasn't
really clear, for which I apologize most profusely.  I've never
designed around toroids before so this seemed an ideal way to get my
feet ever so slightly damp.

That said, I've been interested and educated by the posts thus far.