12 to 24 volt conversion, the issue of cost

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 8 10:36:15 EDT 2009

As the one who started this thread, I really like all the responses so
far and they've proven to me that many solutions do exist.  But darned
near every one has been something that has a price tag that I hope
someone else is willing to pick up because I sure as heck can't.  Let
me get this perfectly clear to everyone, I LIVE ON A VA PENSION AND
BARELY HAVE ENOUGH TO MANAGE WHAT I CAN DO NOW!  (Oh, and I'm not fond
of rice & beans as a constant diet.)  Please, folks, don't spend money
I simply don't have or try to rebudget that which I do but rather
think cheap.  Some of the "cheap & easy" solutions people have
directed me to are my food budget for no less than one month and
upwards of three - and that is at commissary & Wally World prices.

Only a few actually caught on to what I want to do - build (yes,
build.  You know, individual components and winding transformers and
soldering and all like that there stuff.) an inexpensive 12-to 24 volt
converter and learn about toroids at the same time.  How that got to
buying trucks is way beyond my comprehension but it tells me the
thread has gotten out of hand.  Go back to my original post to see
what I'm looking for ... and, as a hint, it has nothing to do with
adding batteries, adding alternators, or buying vehicles.

Let's see how quickly I get flamed for this.  I think I even know
who'll be the ones to cast the first grenades.

BEst regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx