Follow up to Wanted: Swan transformer and Viking PA plate tuning assembly

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 17 22:46:47 EDT 2009

Update after a fast inventory …

While most the crystals I bought are safe, the parts from the
transmitter with the Collins PTO Bry Carling had up for sale are gone.
 All I have now for the 1950s transmitter they was supposed to go into
is the National MB-150 PA tank which was stored separately with the
remaining crystals and some small parts.  The other 1950s transmitter
(DX-100 VFO and Viking II RF train from there) wasn’t even that lucky.
 For the prewar transmitters, I have the crystals (most of them anyway
– some escaped with the boxes), tubes, and the resistors & mica
transmitting caps that were still out for testing (most of the
resistors & some of the micas) and that’s it.  I have to start over
with the coils, variable caps and the rest of the resistors & fixed
caps.  As far as non-electrical stuff goes, nothing’s missing that I
can see; all the knobs, verniers et al I’ve picked up are present.

Oh, also missing is a box of wood samples I was using to compare
different combinations for the front panel finish and a bottle of
Tylenol.

This is enough to make me want to just quit trying …

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx