On Theft

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 19 12:48:02 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Michael Tauson <wh7hg.hi at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are other projects on the list – a hybrid CW/SSB/AFSK rig,
> getting a HW-101 operational with a couple junkers to test ideas, etc
> (These account for the requested parts) – but the 50s equipment is a
> write off and I have to think about how to proceed with the prewar
> transmitters.

Slightly revised: While even a couple junkers to use as test beds
would have been nice, I'm completely giving up on the whole Heathkit
idea.  It ain't gonna happen so I'm forgetting about it.  On the other
claw, I'm negotiating for some elderly CBs to convert but I'd still
like some SSB ones to use as the bases for redesign as ham equipment
(away from 10 or 12m.)  While all that's going on, I still need to
create a 15-20w PEP rig for RACES use (80 & 40m LSB, 60m USB) that can
happily autoload a bent-over whip for mobile use.  (NVIS propagation's
a requirement due to Oahu's terrain and the island & state operating
radii.)  The 2m FM equipment is another problem to be handled later.

In the meantime, I'm going to be away for a while.  Not away from
home, just not being a whole bunch of a participant here or email.

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx