Remote Antenna Switch

Paul Kraemer elespe at LISCO.COM
Mon Oct 26 11:22:58 EDT 2009

Bob
I have just what you require---the original Antenna Mart coax switch design
but improved to last even longer!
These are high power rated rf switch decks which are indexed by a 24vdc
Ledex step switch. Switch stays in last position without power until it is
switched. It does require a small dc control cable. None of that magic
switching over the rf line.
I can handle up to 10 position selection, Your choice of connector, UHF, N,
BNC, whatever.
Price is competitive with "wimpy" relay switch boxes and depends on
positions, connectors, and readout box.
Paul K0UYA
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Jackson" <bob at NOFROWNS.NET>
To: <BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 9:46 AM
Subject: Remote Antenna Switch

Guys -

I'm in the market for a remote antenna switch of the type that switches
ports via a DC voltage through a common coax feed line.

I've seen several advertised with MFJ being the least expensive (there are
other concerns there). All seem to have the same, to me, undesirable
characteristic of requiring a constant DC voltage to keep the selected relay
"on" (all other ports being DC grounded). Are there any switches out there
that employ latching relays that use, for example, a "push on/push off"
design. That is, every application of DC causes the relay to change states
but once changed doesn't require DC to stay changed? The "constant switch
voltage" design would seem to me to invite relay "chatter" as wear sets in
as well as some other unwanted consequences.

Any advice, opinions, remarks, experience, etc. will be welcomed. The
engineering isn't difficult so DIY isn't out of the question, but if there's
something suitable out there, why bother?

Thanks & 73 to all,

Bob  AG5X