SX-24 S-meter

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 29 05:53:02 EDT 2009

I know I have about as much chance of finding said meter as I do of
performing neurosurgery (successfully) so I'm going a different path.
I can make a scale for a meter and can cast a new front trim piece but
I need to know what movement I need to start this wonderful
transformation.  Would anyone happen to know what that movement is?

Also, there is a factory made hole around 1/2" in diameter to the
right of the meter.  None of the pictures I've seen (some of which
show that same hole and some don't) have anything in that location in
the panel.  Do any of the Hallicrafters gurus happen to know what it's
for and why it's not universally present?

Otherwise, the receiver looks good.  From what I can see, I need to
swap out some caps, do a general cleaning and touch up the alignment
after which it will be ready to be mated up to some neo-antique
1920s-1930s transmitters and maybe an antenna matching unit to be
ready for some CW fun on 80 & 40m.  Oh, I need to grind some rocks too
- 3525 KCs and a wiggle, 7025 KCs and a wiggle (the wiggles to ensure
I'm on the General side of the band allotments) plus a few others.

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx