Coaxial variable capacitors

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 29 16:00:52 EDT 2009

YEs, I know, way too many messages but it has been a bad night and
this is better than fighting the night demons ...

Anyway, I was thinking about coaxial capacitors and realized I had no
clue what to use to determine the plate size - the surface of the
inner piece, that of the outer one or some average between them.  None
of the reference material I've found on line or in my collection of
eBooks has been of any help so if some kind soul could point out the
obvious to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx