I'm stumped!

David Folger dbfolger at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 7 01:48:31 EST 2010

Perhaps the pins of the tubes or the socket (or both) are corroded and not making contact.

Or perhaps the contacts on the socket for one of the filament pins are bent.

Another possibility might be cold solder joint on one of the filament pins.

--- On Mon, 12/6/10, Fuqua, Bill L <wlfuqu00 at UKY.EDU> wrote:

From: Fuqua, Bill L <wlfuqu00 at UKY.EDU>
Subject: Re: I'm stumped!
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 9:56 PM

I once had a S38E and I took out the tubes and put them back in and it did not work.
I was a young kid then and this was my first radio. My mother had a repairman come by and
discovered that one of the sockets had 8 holes instead  of the normal 7 holes.  I had one chance out of 8
getting that tube in right. This was around 1959.

73
Bill wa4lav