WE resistors

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 7 16:33:26 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Chris Kepus <ckepus at comcast.net> wrote:
> There are a number of simple tube mono amp designs (typically employed for
> guitar practice) that have shown up on various sites including Glowbugs.  They
> might have some appeal to you as their design is simple enough to allow some
> liberal experimentation with unusual looking components.

Those are the ones I'm looking at to pervert ... er, modify as needed.
 Hmmm ... I wonder if I can find some of those 316(?) flying
saucer-shaped tubes that I think were used in the BC-645.  I'm sure I
could make up some pure Bravo Sierra to go with them that would drive
audiophools nuts.  :-)

> In regard to your Minimus search , I would suggest C-list and thrift shops if you
> wish to avoid "bay" prices and shipping charges which are getting to be stupid-
> pendous.

Speaking of which, I was recently tempted by something on the bay
until I noticed that the "shipping cost" would be $160 for a 10 pound
item coming via UPS Ground.  UPS is high but nowhere near that high!
This isn't the first time I've seen things like this but it appears to
be getting more rampant.

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--