IF transformers

Paul Kraemer elespe at LISCO.COM
Sat Feb 13 17:05:24 EST 2010

Anyone had any experience repairing the K tran style if transformers like
used in HQ-100 and many others?
This is in reference to the riveted plate affair in the bottom that forms
the capacitors needed to resonate the windings.
I have one that the assembly is loose. I don't see an effective way to
tighten the rivet.
My gut says Dremel it out and replace with two sm caps the correct value but
would rather excercise a little caution and ask if someone else had the same
experience and how they corrected it.
Thanks in advance
Paul K0UYA