newer mic pic and install help

spalletta spalletta at ASTOUND.NET
Tue Jan 26 12:51:45 EST 2010

  bought a Electrovoice RE20 Microphone without paperwork with a urging
  from a so call friend, but never had to hook something like this up
  before any constructive advise is appreciated, i use a ts940sat 430 as
  well as the ic-737a & 756, ill be on air with a hali sx-28, sx-36,40
  42, ht-37, only mention the receivers because i need a good pair of
  ear phones do to a hearing injury when i was younger and its hindering
  my enjoyment in making out the weak signals gets pretty frustrating so
  a vote on a good pair is appreciated as well , ill also try to use a ,
  MBR and a couple of Collins military T/Rs still trying to id but
  believe them to be from the 50s mid, well any way i think the best bet
  is the 940 or the 756 (I) or the 756 but what do you folks think?
  thanks and 73s Phil