WTB: Triplett Meter

Lewis C. Emerson lemerson at JUNO.COM
Wed Jul 28 12:37:51 EDT 2010

Hi Alan,
May not be a stretch at all, so I do hope that I can help you.  As a 65+ year ham op and builder you can imagine my parts "warehouse".  I've lost my XYL of 61 years, the little ones are grown and gone, and as a result, have had to downsize so there's no room for further hamming.  The big stuff has pretty much gone to E-Bay and locals (still have the tower & beams), but am just giving the other little stuff away.
The children packed everything up in a zillion boxes, one of which will have dozens and dozens of panel meters.  When I find that particular box I feel reasonable sure I'll be able to help you for postage only.
Repairing meters can range from trivial to impossible, however, you might change ranges by an addition (or removal) of a simple shunt, so we should be able to come up with a solution for you.  The dial might have to be modified, so if aesthetics is important this could present a problem for you.
Gimme a bit of time and lemme see what I can do.
Vy 73,
Doc, W4ITJ

--------- Original Message ----------
From: "Alan W. Fremmer" <AWFremmer at AOL.COM>
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: WTB: Triplett Meter
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:01:26 EDT

Gentlemen & Ladies:

I know this is a stretch but I'm hoping someone can come up with a Triplett
panel meter, model 227-T, reading 0-150 ma d.c.  The case has integral
screws that allow it to mount to the panel.  Failing the chance to acquire
one, any suggestions as to who might repair the one I have.  It works, but
the pointer needs straightening and it could use new glass.  Thanks, in
advance, for any help.

73, Alan - KB2HEI