Harris RF-301 Transceiver Problems

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Sat Jul 31 16:50:14 EDT 2010

I have a Harris RF-301 transceiver that has some problems.

The receiver is working fine but the transmitter is only putting out a
couple of watts. For a basic check, I have checked the three 6146B's,
the 12BY7 driver and the 6DC6 and they are all good.

This has put out full power (near 100 watts) in the past but I have not
used it in a few years. Set it up yesterday and the output is barely a
couple of watts. The transmit audio is fine when listening on another
receiver.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated? I do have the manual. Does
anyone know of anyone who works on these radios? This is a very complex
radio.

Tnx and 73,

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector