AN/GRC-9 Receiver

Ron W4RON w4ron at CAROLINA.RR.COM
Thu Jun 3 22:28:09 EDT 2010

Tubes don't get "used up".
Why would you want to bastardize a good working tube radio
by installing transistors?
This is about as bad as guys that put transistors inside
the bases of 1920s tubes...
In hobby use tubes should last many many years,
they'll probably out live you.

--
73, RON w4ron
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/menu.html