FS: HP 711A 500VDC power supply and HP425A micro-voltmeter

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Tue Jun 22 11:33:10 EDT 2010

A smidge OT here but I have been doing some more organizing downstairs and have two great pieces of HP test equipment that need a better home. Both are (visually at least) in very good condition. Neither has been run in a long while - they are untested and being sold 'as is'.

Prices are without shipping  - email me with your zip code for a shipping estimate from zip 64014 - each will weigh in at 26 lbs and each is too big to fit in a flat rate box.

Pictures at:
<http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.groh/TestEquipment?feat=directlink>

HP 711A 0 to 500 VDC @ 100 mA power supply  Price: $65
This is a great dc power supply for working with small tube amplifiers, etc - any place where you need dc power. It also has two 6.3 VAC outputs @ 3A each which can be used independently, paralleled or used in series. The HV output includes an over current protection relay. Has that great HP construction.  Looks in great shape other than a little dust (and that 'rope' handle!). Untested and will require a careful gradual power up. May require capacitor replacements and I would certainly replace the selenium rectifiers before I did anything.  I do have a pdf copy of the manual and would be glad to print a copy for the buyer.

HP 425A Micro-voltmeter/ammeter. Price: $35
This is a very sensitive dc voltmeter/ammeter with 18 switch selected FS ranges:
10, 30, 100 microvolts and micro-microamps
0.3, 1, 3, 10, 30  millivolts and milli-microamps
0.1, 0.3, 1 microamps
0.003, 0.01, 0.03, 0.10, 0.30, 1, 3 mA

Has
that great HP construction.  Looks in great shape other than a little
dust. Untested and will require a careful gradual power up. May require
capacitor replacements and I would certainly replace the selenium
rectifiers before I did anything.  It does use a funky input connector (basically a shielded BNC). I could not find a manual for it - only a product brochure (pdf copy).

There you go - thought I would put them here before trying the other venues.  Contact me off list if you are interested or have more questions.  Great units for the HP collector or just for use in the shack.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY