Wanted: 838 Tubes

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Mon Mar 15 18:24:43 EDT 2010

The Battleship Massachusetts is getting its 1MC (PA System operating) and
needs some 838 tubes.

Unfortunately, these seem to be highly coveted by the Audiophools for
their nutty triode amps, so are hard to get.

If anybody has any, please drop me a note off-list.

Also, I've thought about making a plug-in substitute from either a more
plentiful tube, or even from VMOS transistors.

Does anybody have thoughts on this approach. Response from DC to X-Band is
NOT a requirement as with the "golden ears" crowd.

Best,
-John