6360s, 7360 equivalents and DSB & SSB respectively plus OT Network attached storage

Kludge wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 2 08:33:41 EDT 2010

We all know about the fairly cheap and easy method of generating DSB by
driving an amplifier’s grids in push pull, modulating the screens in push
pull and tying the plates together in parallel.  This is all well and good
but it leaves out a tube I liked from my sinful past, the 6360.  That little
gem has the screens tied together so they have to be modulated as one.  My
med-dulled mind can’t come up with a means to generate DSB with this
connection although I seem to recall one somewhere in the dim misty past.
Am I imagining this or is there a way to use the 6360 like this?

A way back, the 7360 was a popular tube in sideband generators but it was –
and is – a relatively expensive piece of glass and stuff.  Is there a less
expensive kinda sorta more or less substitute I can use in its place?

And finally, the OT bit: In building up the external storage for the new
box, I’ve been looking at NAS vs. USB-attached drives and really have no
clue if I’m better off using NAS or not.  Also, if I do, can I use the same
router that lives between my PCs and my modem or do I need to do something
else in the way of magic?  Also, what’s the best way to isolate them from
the modem?  The box[es] will be running Samba or Snake, if that helps at
all.

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG BL01xh
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx