Great new antenna

Scott Johnson scottjohnson1 at COX.NET
Sun Oct 31 00:30:00 EDT 2010

I saw a video of this thing working with a HT, I have to wonder how
effective it really is.   Cute physics experiment at the least!

Scott W7SVJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Daniel Donnelly
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:04 AM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] Great new antenna

Hello all;
Just opened an e-mail from the Southgate Radio Amateur Club ( England) and
much to my surprise the second item in their news was an article about a
multi band antemma. Nothing unusual about that, what was unusual was the way
the antenna worked, it worked by pumping a stream of (salt) water into the
air!
when I went to the designers website, his demonstration actually showed him
transmitting on 2 mtrs !!!
Amazing!

I don't know how many of you remember a column in CQ magazine supposidly
written by a wacky Asian ham. Each month the column detailing "scratchi's"
laughable exploits and  "Goldbergian"
inventions..
By the way,  "Scratchi's author was actually ( then) Arizona senitor
Goldwater.
One of " Scracthi's" wackier inventions was a beam antenna that worked by
spraying  streams of water to form the elements of his beam. I remember
reading that article back in 1970 and laughing untill my side hurt !

HMmmmm, maybe I should go back and reread those columns, maybe he had some
other goofie ideas that would be not quite so goofie today,

As Scratchi would say ... " Ah so,  is maibe great invenshun just need to be
patted ! "

Dan
     .