50L6 output XFMR - Redux

George Maier George at MAIERGROUP.COM
Tue Sep 14 21:12:53 EDT 2010

In my haste to find the perfect replacement for an open output transformer
in an ailing RCA 65X1 receiver, which I thought was available from Radio
Daze, I managed to miss the fact that the transformer they offer has a
center tap on the SECONDARY, not the primary.   Well, my face is red, and
I'll be taking the advice that several of you offered; use a standard single
ended transformer with appropriate changes to the screen dropping resistor,
and be done with it.  Luckily, there's such a transformer sitting on a shelf
in the basement just waiting for me.

Thanks again to Steve in Tuscon, and Paul - N1MUC, for their suggestions.

73, George - W1LSB

database 5435 (20100908) __________

http://www.eset.com