[Boatanchors] Details for Motorola base station, Model # B91RCB-3405B?

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:58:09 EST 2011

Hello All,

Season's Greetings from the Upper Midwest.

I came across a Motorola base station, B91RCB-3405B, for sale for what I think is a rather fair price.  (Either the price is incredibly low or it's a typo.)  The ad states it is FM with 350 watts of power.

My question for the group is whether or not anyone has information regarding the setup.  Are any documentation sets and/or schematics available online somewhere?  Does anyone have any experience with such a rig?

Full disclosure:  I am mainly interested in the power supply and related components.  I have no intention whatsoever in using it for transmission as I have no FM broadcast license and the WAF will be somewhere near 0.  Thankfully there is room in the garage for me to at least poke around inside.

If this is a classic piece of broadcast history or if I will be breaking any codes (written or unwritten) by pulling some parts, please let me know.  Don't want to create a stir, but I also do not want it dumped into a landfill.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Best Regards,

William