[Boatanchors] #44/47 Bulb replacement with LEDs

Al Parker anchor at ec.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 10:34:17 EST 2011

Hi folks,
	In the AA5 or 35W4 application, aren't we missing one of the purposes
of the lamp?  It provides a load to balance out the voltage wanted
across the tube filament.  An LED lamp is much lower a load, in the
neighborhood of 10%, so it's not going to serve that purpose.
73,

Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole