[Boatanchors] LED Replacements for #47 bulbs

Garey Barrell k4oah at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 8 16:44:13 EST 2011

I too got my order from cointaker.  I got only the 'warm white', looking
for what 'should' be a '#47 color'.

In a Drake T-4X with recently replaced blue filter and white diffuser
the dial bulb is pretty good.  There is a 'bit' of a hot-spot in the
center of the dial (out the end of the bulb) but not objectionable.  The
meter light, which depends more upon 'side' light is somewhat dimmer,
but adequate.  The color balance is good.  The 'bulb' itself is kind of
milky in appearance and does a good job diffusing the light, but still a
small hot-spot.

Overall I'd say they are acceptable replacements in the Drake 4 Line.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs