[Boatanchors] Feb 1964 CQ?

George Babits gbabits at custertel.net
Fri Feb 18 11:04:59 EST 2011

At the risk of being a square peg in a round hole, I'm going to put in my 2
cents worth on IDSB; which I think is more properly referred to as ISB.

 My take on that, having played with the TMC SSB-2 exciter, is that you run
the two sidebands completely independent of each other.  Maybe voice on LSB
and RTTY on USB.  No carrier.  The SSB-2  (and probably other
commercial/military gear of the time) could be run as LSB, USB, or ISB;
using voice, CW, or RTTY (data) on either or both sidebands.  You could run
AM by using both sidebands with the same audio feed and insert as little, or
as much, carrier as you wanted.

73,
George
W7HDL