[Boatanchors] Nasty Collins Problem

Al Parker anchor at ec.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 09:29:36 EST 2011

Hi Wilson,
	If that's a 70E series, it's like what's used in the 75A/51J rcvrs,
plus other stuff, I expect.  It's not a horrible job to get into them
and refurb them.  There are 2 bypass caps & one feedback cap that can be
problems ad should be replaced whenever you're into one.
	Take a look at <http://www.boatanchors.org/75A2.htm> for work I did in
a 75A2, there's a section with pix & dexcription inside the PTO.  I've
done many of them similarly.  Span is the usual problem that gets one to
go into them, but those caps get replaced no matter what.  You can back
up to my home page & find more Collins stuff & PTO work in them.
	I don't know what I'll get going for CX, hope to cu then.
73,
Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole