[Boatanchors] Tool query

Garey Barrell k4oah at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 27 18:39:22 EDT 2011

Bob -

Some years back they were available from Techni-Tool.

I think the Xcelite? Cooper? numbers were



for the two sizes.  They were about $20 each.  Probably even more difficult to find now than they were then!

Alternative is to use thin, flat (ignition) wrenches to loosen the hex nut on the inside, if accessible.  Or sometimes just a screwdriver and a small hammer to start the hex nut.  Also possible to rotate the body of the switch slightly to loosen it.

Or if you have a small set of right angle slip-joint pliers you can carefully use them to grip the knurled nut and get it started.  The right angle pliers are much easier to control parallel to the panel.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs

Bob Jackson wrote:
> I'm refurbing a Halli S-40B. There's four toggle switches and an headphone jack that are secured to the front panel by those @#$%^%$ "ring nuts" (if that's what they're called). Trying to get them off/on with pliers always results in them (and perhaps other parts as well) getting buggered up when the pliers slip off, etc. Surely there is a special tool made just for these things. Any of you guys out there know of such and if so, where one can be acquired?
> Thanks and 73 to all,
> Bob
> AG5X
> _______________________________________________
> Boatanchors mailing list
> Boatanchors at puck.nether.net
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/boatanchors

More information about the Boatanchors mailing list