[Boatanchors] FW: [Amps] FW: Best Boatanchor 160-10mReceiversforSSB?

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sun Jun 5 17:33:04 EDT 2011

These are very rare and even on ebay may only see one or two a year.
I wish I had one.

I had a thougth one day that I could use my TenTec R320 DSP USB receiver as an IF
processor for my boatanchors. It would work with any of them since it could tune any IF.

But a cheaper solution if you are really looking for IF processing and will allow a computer
in your hamshack is to simply make a down converter for the last IF down to 10kHz and
use your sound card as an IF processor. An added feature is that you can also decode the
digital sortwave broadcast.
   Not ideal but a neat clean solution.

73
Bill wa4lav