[Boatanchors] Extreme Packing

The Pollacks rinkies at att.net
Fri Jun 17 18:21:27 EDT 2011

There are packing places that offer this service.  I know of one in San
Diego that a friend has used, but I have not.  Perhaps some kind of search
can be made locally.  If anyone is interested, I can ask my friend what kind
of place it is.  He has shipped S Lines to Japan successfully using this
system.

If you can find someone who repairs delicate equipment, they may have the
means to do this and might do it for a modest fee.

I think I have received something from Beltronics repair in New Hampshire
and RTO electronics (Heath Repair) using this system.  As I understand it,
the procedure is to line a carton with plastic sheeting, fill the carton
with a foam about halfway, put down another sheet of plastic, put radio in
carton, cover with another sheet of plastic, and  fill the rest of the box
with foam,  another sheet of plastic, and the foam  hardens in a short time.
Of course, the radio is carefully sealed in a trash bag or similar first.